When students are lined up, quiet, and showing body control.
Check for Understanding:
Call on 3-5 students to answer/demonstrate:
- What was a skill we used in our relay race today?
- What is one thing you can do in a relay race that will show that you are using best effort?
- Which skill challenge station did you enjoy the most?
Share that you are excited to move more with them next time and excited to see them use a variety of skills to cooperate and challenge themselves! Call out in a celebratory voice and students repeat after each line.
- Say (repeating terms slowly): Repeat after me.
- I want to be the best I can be!
Ask students to try to find some equipment at home and create their own skill challenge. Challenge students to create a relay race at recess time using equipment on the playground.