When students are lined up, quiet, and showing body control…
Check for Understanding:
- Call on 3-5 students to answer/demonstrate:
- What was a skill they used well in the relay race today?
- What was one thing their team needed to improve on to do better in the race?
- Which team challenge was the most challenging for them and why?
- Share that you are excited to move more with them next time and excited to see them use a variety of skills to cooperate and challenge themselves!
- Call out in a celebratory voice and students repeat after each line.
- Say (repeating terms slowly): Repeat after me.
- I want to be the best I can be!
- Ask students to try some of the partner challenges with a family member or friend at home. Encourage students to continue practicing the relay race with friends at recess time.