When students are lined up, quiet, and showing body control…
Check for Understanding:
- Call on 3-5 students to answer/demonstrate:
- What was the name of the team race they tried today? (Relay Race)
- What was one way they could show readiness for the race? (Face forward, eyes watching person in front of them, favorite foot in the front)
- How did they cooperate with a partner today? (Various answers)
- Share that you are excited to move more with them next time and excited to see them use a variety of skills to cooperate and challenge themselves!
- Call out in a celebratory voice and students repeat after each line.
- Say (repeating terms slowly): Repeat after me.
- I want to be the best I can be!
- Ask students to try some of the partner challenges with a family member or friend at home. Encourage students to continue practicing the relay race with friends at recess time.