When students are lined up, quiet, and showing body control:
Check for Understanding:
Call on 3-5 students to answer/demonstrate:
- What are some things we could do to help make our heart, beat faster, to help our heart become stronger?
- Which part of the foot should we use to tap the ball when trying to dribble it?
- What can we do with our feet to stop the ball if it starts getting to far away from us?
PLAY at Home:
Find a ball at home that you could practice with. If a ball is not available, roll up some paper or a rag and put tape around it to make a practice ball. Try out your kicking and trapping the ball. Challenge yourself to try to do the narrow stance fast feet move for one minute or more.
Call out in a celebratory voice: Next time, we’ll continue trying to improve your ball control with your feet!
Repeat after me:
- Moving to-ge-ther. [repeat] Moving together!
- Makes us be-tter! [repeat] Makes us better!