Greet students at the door and ask them to proceed to team positions (tape, chalk, cones, etc.).
Lesson Focus: Ball Control Skills with Feet
Say to Students:
- Which part of our body have we been using to control a ball. (Our hands)
- What are some of the skills you used to control the ball with your hands? (Call on students to share)
- Great thinking! Now we are going to start learning how to control the ball with our feet.
- Knowing how to control a ball with your feet will help you to join in with fun and active games like kickball, and soccer.
- Please raise your hand if you have tried to join in with one of those games before.
- I want to help you become more confident with controlling the ball with your feet so that you’ll feel confident about joining in those types of games!
- First let’s get our heart pumping harder and muscles moving in our warm-up.
- Remember that whenever you begin moving for multiple minutes and move at a faster pace, your heart and muscles need to work harder than they usually do.
- This movement makes your heart, beat faster, and makes you stronger.
- Please show me a listen and learn body position, and I will teach you a new move we are going to do in our warm-up to help our heart to work harder!