When students are lined up, quiet, and showing body control:
Check for Understanding:
Call on 3-5 students to answer/demonstrate:
- What are some things we could do to help make our heart, beat faster, to help our heart become stronger?
- Which foot do we usually want to use to kick the ball?
- Which part of the foot is the instep?
- How did you show that you know how to work well with others during our PE time today?
PLAY at Home:
Find a ball at home that you could practice with. If a ball is not available, roll up some paper or a rag and put tape around it to make a practice ball. Try to practice your instep kick on your own. Practice running at the ball from different angles and distances and see if you can get it to go faster/farther/higher.
Call out in a celebratory voice: Next time we’ll continue trying to improve your ball control with your feet!
Repeat after me:
- Moving to-ge-ther. [repeat] Moving together!
- Makes us be-tter! [repeat] Makes us better!