When students are lined up, quiet, and showing body control:
Check for Understanding:
Call on 3-5 students to answer/demonstrate:
- What’s a skill that we can use with our feet and a ball?
- How do we know which foot is our favorite foot to control the ball with?
- What is a move we can do to get our heart pumping harder?
- Why is it important to work well together during PE class?
PLAY at Home:
Find a ball at home that you could practice with. If a ball is not available, roll up some paper or a rag and put tape around it to make a practice ball. Try kicking and trapping the ball.
Call out in a celebratory voice: Next time we’ll continue trying to improve your ball control with your feet!
Repeat after me:
- Moving to-ge-ther. [repeat] Moving together!
- Makes us be-tter! [repeat] Makes us better!